Friday, February 03, 2006

Officially Untitled. So there.

Time Spent: 3 hours.

You know, trying to come up with a new title for every post is really a pain!

This is going to be a quick blog, because it is the second time I've had to write it for Friday. I had it posted, I saw it up when I started my blog for today. After I published today's, I couldn't find yesterday's. So I'll be working really hard on back up from now on so I don't have to do this very often. Geesh.

Anyway, yesterday I spent most of my time looking at different sites from the WD's 101 best web sites for writers. The main one I happened to look at was WritersBreak.com, and there is an absolute wealth of information on that site that is just fantastic. Mostly I read articles on how to write a good query letter, how to develop characters and dialog, how to write emotions, etc etc.

I also continued to go through my now highly marked up list of publishing houses that I can submit my children's books to for publication. I was even brave and checked the sites that said "no unsolicited manuscripts." They're dead serious about that too - most of them tell authors to get an agent in order to submit to that particular house. Most of them won't even show submission guidelines. hey, that's alright - I can say I checked.

So let's say my new thing I learned for Friday was to back up this blog. I'm not doing this again!

No comments: