Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PDL Day 12

Day 12 Thinking about my purpose

Point to Ponder: I’m as close to God as I choose to be.

Verse to Remember: “Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.” James 4:8

Question to Consider: What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?

Based on day eleven, I need to talk to God more, but I’ve known that for a long time. I just don’t know if I can talk to God like I talk to Holly or Erin or Jeff. Not that I haven’t before, but I normally “pray” instead of “hold a conversation with” God. And I know that’s my biggest problem. I wonder if I’m afraid of sharing every single facet of my life with God. I know, I know, he knows everything already, but in a relationship with God, that’s really not the point. But I have parts of my life that I don’t share, even with those people closest to me, and I couldn’t hold anything back from God.

1 comment:

Eric Hadley-Ives said...

Love me that I may love you.
If you love me not,
My love cannot reach you.

I think prayer and feeling connected to God can make us healthier in our work for a cause.