Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PDL Day 16

Day 16 Thinking about my purpose

Point to ponder: Life is all about love.

Verse to remember: “The entire law is summed up in a single command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Galtians 5:14

Question to consider: Honestly, are relationships my first priority? How can I ensure that they are?

Honestly, no. Not even my relationship with my son, and I recognize my utter selfishness every day. For me, I have to remind myself that the people in my life and family are people I care about and love, and I sometimes have to force myself to spend time with them. But in doing so, I’ve not only done the right thing, I’ve connected personally to the person.

This is something I am working on, and given that I like my alone time and am becoming more and more of a hermit, it’s not an easy thing for me to work on, but I’m trying.

1 comment:

Eric Hadley-Ives said...

Sometimes relationships take second place in priorities because you can always tend to them later. Or so it seems.