Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Journal Research

Time Spent: 2 hours.

Just to get this out of the way: Yes, I DO have my 2 disc special edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and I wasn't the first person at Walmart to grab a copy. I'm not the only weird person shopping for HP at 12 am, so there. :-P

So today, more research on journals. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing that a lot until I'm done with this list on Lit Buzz, and as of right now I'm still only about half way through that list. Many more broken links, many more links that have dead journals (or at least not updated for a couple of years), but a few more productive web sites with some really good work.

I'm learning patience right now. I want to just get this submitting thing done and out of the way, but one of the keys to getting published is submitting to an appropriate place and I want to make sure I do that. And I don't want to just submit anywhere, either. I've seen a few journals that have some really good work, then I'll read something that might be considered objectionable by some people or that I find objectionable myself. I know that most journals are going to have something in them that offends someone, but I still want to be careful with what I do.

No comments: