Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What a Night!

Time Spent: 4 hours.

WOW! Thanks to Joanna and everyone in her creative writing 2 class for allowing me to join them tonight and talk about my experience as the Writer-in-Residence. I really appreciate your willingness to listen to my ramblings and your great questions. Please feel free (this goes for everyone) to waltz through the archives so you can get a really good account of what this experience has been like for me.

So yeah, tonight I went to Joanna's class to talk to them about the above. That was fun. I was also allowed to stay for the rest of the class and take part in peer review which meant I got to help a few people with their short short stories, yay! (My apologies to Emelie for completely marking up her rough draft, tee hee hee)

They happened to be doing author's readings tonight, and both stories were from the stream-of-consciousness assignment. This was good for me because I've only had to write SOC once, and it was horrible. I didn't understand it (don't ask, I just didn't get it. I was missing something, but I didn't know what it was.) After reading the two stories tonight, I understand it a lot better. So I was a student tonight as much as anyone in the classroom.

No comments: